- Permanent full-time role in a growing company
- Hours between 7.30 am and 3.30 pm
- Based in Loxton, SA.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for an energetic Insectary Worker to join the team to assist in insect production. The position entails working daily with different predatory insects/mites and completing set tasks for the production and maintenance of insects ensuring insect cultures are of the highest quality.
You will also ensure that all aspects of the insectary are functioning properly and report to management, where applicable, any unsolvable issues.
As the primary role involves rearing of cultures and assisting with research and development, eagerness and willingness to learn is essential. On the job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
You do not require specific qualifications, but an interest in entomology or experience in the nursery industry would be beneficial.
This role is offered under the Pastoral award. Some weekend work would be required once you are suitably proficient in the role.
If you are not already located within reasonable driving distance to the Riverland you must be prepared to relocate. The position is not offered on a remote working basis.
You are looking for an all round position and have the capability to thrive in a varied, fast paced role.
You will have/be
- Eager to learn and have a hands-on mentality
- Current manual drivers licence and own transport to get to work
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Comfortable in working outdoors in various temperature ranges and climatic conditions
- Available to work full time - hours are between 7.00 am and 3.30 pm
- Comfortable and able to work with insects
- Physically fit and able to meet the demands of a role that includes manual tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent eyesight for close-range work
- Ability to follow procedures accurately and correctly
- Commitment to adhere to rules which apply to restricted/quarantine movement between greenhouses and insect cultures, ensuring no cross-contamination occurs
About Our Client
Our client is supplies beneficial insects and mites to customers in all parts of Australia. The beneficial insects are used in various situations, from greenhouses to perennial outdoor plantings. Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs are being developed for an increasing number of clients. Having a long history of sustained growth in their sector they are looking forward to continuing to their success in new and existing markets.
If you have any queries please email [email protected] in the first instance, or call 1300 2 HUMAN.
If we have let you know who the employer is please DO NOT contact them directly (honestly it really doesn't help your application)
To apply, please ensure you click the Apply button, upload a CV and cover letter contained in one document. Please do not email your CV. All applications MUST be made online.
Please Note: Our recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email for updates. Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.