- Newly created role in a growing, SA family owned manufacturing business
- Work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment + fantastic team culture
- Located at Hendon in Adelaide's West
Excellent opportunity to work for an innovative and progressive South Australian company where their employees are genuinely valued and rewarded.
About the Opportunity
Our client Pinz is seeking a dedicated Purchasing Officer to become part of the team based out of their head office in Hendon, SA.
Reporting to the Senior Management team, and working alongside the existing purchasing team members, The Purchasing Officer will be responsible for procurement and management of stock and materials.
The Purchasing Officer will build rapport with established suppliers and foster new supplier relationships, to ensure the best possible outcomes on price, availability and timeliness - meeting the demands of this fast paced, custom manufacturing business.
This role will also support stocktake processes and implement continuous improvement strategies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and developing great supplier relationships. (local, national and international)
- Review and analyse all suppliers, supply and price options to ensure best outcomes for the business and it's customers.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing, supply and quality.
- Coordinating the end to end procurement to delivery of materials and components including creating purchase orders in Xero; managing import admin, taxes and duties; booking freight and ensuring timely delivery.
- Stock management of a wide variety of materials
- Pre-empt and communicate any delays and or shortages with the key stakeholders in the business
- Contribution to production efficiency, loss and wastage monitoring.
- Support stocktake processes at 3 Pinz manufacturing locations in Adelaide's West.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
You will have experience in a similar role with purchasing and/or stock management responsibilities and be a confident communicator that builds rapport easily to manage supplier relationships. You will have a proactive approach in managing purchasing and inventory within the business to ensure optimal outcomes.
You thrive in a busy and fast-paced work environment and understand what it takes to work in a dynamic, high turn over, custom manufacturing environment.
You will also be a supportive team member, working collaboratively with the existing purchasing team members to achieve the best outcomes for Pinz customers.
You will have:
- 3-5 years minimum experience within a purchasing and/or stock management role
- Strong inter-personal, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in developing successful working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Extremely organised and able to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- The ability to process data accurately and quickly
- Strong Microsoft Office365 skills – Advanced Excel and creating complex spreadsheets is essential
- Experience using Xero or a similar package
- A pro-active attitude with the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- An understanding of manufacturing processes
- Experience in a dynamic manufacturing environment or industry would be ideal, but not essential
About Our Client
Pinz is a privately owned, South Australian Company and leading manufacturer of domestic and commercial blind and shade products. Pinz specialize in manufacturing products from a range of fabrics including PVC, canvas, synthetics and meshes.
Complementing their focus on blinds and shade products, Pinz also produce an ever growing range of unique and specialized products for many different industries including Defence, automotive and medical.
If you have any queries please email humans(at)humanologyrecruit.com.au in the first instance, or call 1300 2 HUMAN.
To apply, please ensure you click the Apply button, upload a CV and cover letter contained in one document. Please do not email your CV. All applications MUST be made online.
Please Note: Our recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email for updates (including your junk mail folder). Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed. We've shared the client's name to help you assess your suitability for the role. Please do not contact them directly with enquiries.