- Values-based, Senior Management role in the Residential Aged Care sector
- Fantastic and friendly company culture
- Competitive remuneration + Salary Sacrificing benefits
- Located in Happy Valley, Adelaide Metro South
Join Bethsalem Care in this rewarding role! Lead a team that delivers high quality and compassionate care in the aged care sector.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the CEO, the Business Manager of Bethsalem Care will be responsible for providing an efficient, proactive and high quality Business Management function for Christadelphian Care Services (which incorporates Bethsalem Care and GreenBriars Village) to support the delivery of service excellence to residents and their families.
Your role will be responsible for and have oversight of:
- Financial management and reporting
- Business planning and management
- Asset and facility management
- Human Resources
- Risk management
- IT & Business Systems
- Contribute to the successful financial performance of the organisation
- Prepare annual budget in consultation with the CEO
- Participate in strategic planning and implement the strategic plan within areas of responsibility
- Ensure the organisation meets its governance obligations to meet and exceed legislative requirements
- Be a proactive member of the Finance and Risk Committee
- Ensure effective management of company assets and facilities
- Ensure the organisation has effective, efficient and contemporary business systems to enable service delivery in a cost-effective manner
- Oversee administrative activities ensuring the smooth operation of the organisation
- Ensure that the WHS management system is implemented, effective and continuously improving safety outcomes.
- Provide direct support to the CEO including relieving during periods of leave.
A full position description is available to download when you click 'Apply'.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in a similar operational and financial management role.
You will have demonstrated capability and knowledge in:
- Management Accounting/Finance
- Experience in Operations Management
- Strategic HR practices
- Current Aged Care Act requirements as it relates to admissions and financial practices
- Microsoft suite of products – particularly Excel
- High standards in terms of accountability, attention to detail, quality, and exceeding best practice
You will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting and an active membership in a relevant accounting body
- A strong business acumen as well as proven understanding of the key business drivers of aged residential care and retirement living;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead by example with a supportive approach
- To be person-focussed and have the ability to provide caring and empathetic customer service to clients and their families.
- A commitment to the values of the organisation and an ability to promote the behavioural expectations in line with these values.
- A genuine passion to work in the Aged Care sector, with previous experience working in the health / aged care industry.
Attention to detail, high levels of initiative and due diligence is an expectation of this role.
About Our Client
Bethsalem Care is a residential aged-care home operated by the Christadelphians of South Australia. Their mission is based on the principles of care and love, as expressed in the example of Jesus Christ and based on the biblical values of brotherly and community kindness. We welcome all those who appreciate our core values of care, respect, love and integrity.
As a place “where life matters”, the staff at Bethsalem Care work hard to provide appropriate support and care to help residents age well, whilst encouraging independence and supporting social interaction and meaningful activities. They believe this gives families and friends peace of mind and confidence that their loved ones will be cared for and respected as part of a supportive community, whilst living in their care.
To ensure the best care is available at all times Bethsalem Care employs an experienced team of committed staff, supported by a culture that encourages these values in the work-place, where everybody is treated with respect and supported to be the best they can be, regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race or religion.
If you have any queries please email humans(at)humanologyrecruit.com.au in the first instance, or call 1300 2 HUMAN.
To apply, please ensure you click the Apply button, upload a CV and cover letter contained in one document. Please do not email your CV. All applications MUST be made online. A position description is available when you click Apply.
Please Note: Our recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email for updates. Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.