- Full-time permanent position & attractive remuneration
- Focus on company culture & creating a supportive team environment
- Excellent leadership opportunity with ongoing training & professional development
A rare opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Vineyard Operations Manager to join Sigismondi Vineyards’ expanding team.
This position presents an exciting opportunity to relocate to the region renowned for its outstanding local schools, hospitals, health services, hotels, sports clubs, and service organisations. With a flourishing retail and business centre, numerous activities and events, you’ll discover an idyllic quality of life in the Riverland.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Managing Director in this hands-on role, the Vineyard Operations Manager will manage and operate the day-to-day activities across two vineyard locations, Lyrup (135 hectares) and New Residence (180 hectares) in the South Australian Riverland region.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling, programming, monitoring, and maintaining irrigation systems and infrastructure across multiple pump stations within the vineyards
- Planning, organising, and monitoring employee day-to-day operation activities
- Providing clear direction and support to site teams to achieve performance goals
- Maintaining and upholding best vineyard practice outcomes for grape supply agreements
- Reporting and documenting vineyard operation activities
- Developing and reviewing of Standard Operating Procedures and Risk assessments
- Programming and reporting maintenance and repairs for plant, equipment, and infrastructure
- Completing scheduled work such as spraying of vineyards and other tractor operations, including harvesting of grapes etc. when necessary
This position will commence June 2022
We are looking for candidates with proven viticultural and irrigation experience, as well as experience with vineyard management. Tertiary qualifications and/or training in viticulture will be highly regarded.
Great time management and planning are crucial to being successful in this role. You will also need to be flexible with exceptional problem-solving capabilities, have the ability to make decisions quickly in emergent situations, and be an excellent communicator.
In addition to the above, you will need:
- Minimum of three years’ experience with viticultural, irrigation, and vineyard management
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated experience managing a small syndicate of employees
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, both during vintage but also to suit weather conditions
- ChemCERT accreditation
- First Aid certificate
- Current/valid Australian Driver’s License and personal vehicle (work vehicle provided on-site)
- Australian citizenship for residency
- Knowledge of safety and safe work procedures
- Computer literacy particularly in Microsoft Office suite
- Adhere to company WHS guidelines, policies, and procedures including Sigismondi Vineyard's smoke free policy
- Complete COVID-19 vaccination status
It would be ideal (but not essential) if you have:
- Forklift licence (training available)
- Experience with Netafim and IRRInet irrigation systems
About Our Client
Sigismondi Vineyards is a family-owned viticulture business in the Riverland of SA.
Their vineyard expansion began 30 years ago, of which they now proudly operate in two main locations in "New Residence" (180 Hectares) and another in "Lyrup" (135 Hectares).Separate to the vineyard management, the family run a boutique wine business, Sigismondi Estate Wines.
Sigismondi Vineyards supply grapes to a number of the world’s most renowned wine companies coming out as Australia's best. Sigismondi Vineyards supply a wide range of varieties with their family-owned large-scale vineyards, and has since evolved into a very successful viticulture company, which proudly supports South Australia.
We've shared the client's name to help you assess your suitability for the role. Please DO NOT contact them directly.
If you have any queries please email humans(at)humanologyrecruit.com.au in the first instance, or call 1300 2 HUMAN.
To apply, please ensure you click the Apply button, upload a CV and cover letter contained in one document. Please do not email your CV. All applications MUST be made online.
Please Note: Our recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email for updates (including your junk mail folder). Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.