- Full-time permanent position + above award rate of $26 per hour (negotiable upwards depending on experience)
- Focus on company culture and creating a supportive team environment
- Excellent development opportunity with training provided
Sigismondi Vineyards has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Vineyard Hand/Machine Operator to join their growing team. Multiple positions available!
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Vineyard Operations Manager, the Vineyard Hand/Machine Operator will undertake a variety of vineyard duties in accordance with seasonal requirements to assist in the development and maintenance of the two vineyard locations, Lyrup (130 hectares) and New Residence (180 hectares) in the South Australian Riverland region.
Responsibilities will include:
- Pruning/Vine training/Canopy management
- Irrigation and fertigation operation/repairs
- Maintaining and upholding best vineyard practice outcomes for grape supply agreements
- Weed/Pest management
- Grounds/machinery maintenance
- Undertake other day-to-day operations of the vineyard as required
This position will commence June 2022
We are looking for candidates with proven vineyard experience and demonstrated skills in physical labouring work. In this hands-on role, the successful candidate must be able to work unsupervised and have a sound understanding of vineyard machinery and operations.
Sigismondi Vineyards offers great working conditions with the latest equipment to work with and career advancement opportunities, and as such, they are searching for a candidate who has career aspirations in the viticulture industry and one who is hoping to develop and learn within their knowledgeable team.
In addition to the above, you will need:
- Ability to work either within a team environment and follow directives or work independently without supervision
- Experience with irrigation operation and systems
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, both during vintage but also to suit weather conditions such as spraying
- A can-do attitude, self-motivated, and reliable, presents well
- Tractor experience
- Braud harvester experience
- ChemCERT accreditation
- First Aid certificate
- Current/valid Australian Driver’s License and personal vehicle
- Sound communication and time management skills
- Australian citizenship for residency
- Adhere to company WHS guidelines, policies, and procedures including Sigismondi Vineyard's smoke free policy
- Complete COVID-19 vaccination status
It would be ideal (but not essential) if you have:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or training in viticulture
- Forklift licence (training available)
- Experience with Netafim and IRRInet irrigation systems
About Our Client
Sigismondi Vineyards is a family-owned viticulture business in the Riverland of SA.
Their vineyard expansion began 30 years ago, of which they now proudly operate in two main locations in "New Residence" (180 Hectares) and another in "Lyrup" (130 Hectares).
Sigismondi Vineyards supply wine grapes to a number of the world’s most renowned wine companies coming out as Australia's best.
Sigismondi Vineyards supply a wide range of varieties with their family-owned large-scale vineyards and has since evolved into a very successful viticulture company, which proudly supports South Australia.
We've shared the client's name to help you assess your suitability for the role. Please DO NOT contact them directly.
If you have any queries please email humans(at)humanologyrecruit.com.au in the first instance, or call 1300 2 HUMAN.
To apply, please ensure you click the Apply button, upload a CV and cover letter contained in one document. Please do not email your CV. All applications MUST be made online.
Please Note: Our recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email for updates (including your junk mail folder). Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.