- Permanent Full Time
- Well established family-owned, South Australian business
- Internal training and professional development provided
This is an opportunity for both experienced candidates and those that are new to the funeral industry.
About the Opportunity
Peter Elberg Funerals are seeking a Funeral Director, Arranger or Conductor to join their team.
The successful applicant will be the key contact for client families, providing them with end-to-end service and support, from the initial consultation to closing out all accounts and communications post-service.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Meeting with families and providing advice and guidance on their options to personalise service arrangements to their needs, including cultural, traditional, and personal preferences.
- Oversee all arrangements including on the day of funeral.
If you have any enquiries, please direct them to the Humanology Recruit Team.
You are an empathetic, positive, and community-minded person with outstanding organisational skills and a strong eye for detail. You have a good sense of initiative and are comfortable making independent decisions whilst working collaboratively in a supportive team. You bring the following:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the confidence to discuss all aspects of a funeral service, including cultural preferences, accounts, and pricing models.
- Confidence when presenting and public speaking.
- Excellent driving skills and a clean Australian driver's licence.
- Good technical and computer literacy skills.
- Outstanding planning and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
It is ideal (however, not essential) if you have worked in the funeral industry or similar role in the past and you may also have experience in event management or coordination.
About our Client
Peter Elberg Funerals is a long-standing family-owned, South Australian business located at Flinders Park in Adelaide's west. They have extensive experience in making funeral arrangements for all nationalities and cultures, specialising in fulfilling any request their clients may have. Peter Elberg Funerals pride themselves in providing a welcoming and supportive environment for their employees.
We've shared the client's name to help you assess your suitability for the role. Please DO NOT contact them directly.
To apply, please ensure you click the Apply button, upload your COVER LETTER & CV (combined in 1 file for upload) and follow the remaining steps.
If you have any enquiries please email humans(at)humanologyrecruit.com.au, or speak with a member of the Humanology Recruit team by calling 1300 2 HUMAN.
Please Note: Our recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email regularly for updates. Our application and recruitment process is 100% confidential. Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed. Please do not contact Harrison Funerals directly.