- Multiple opportunities available now!
- Friendly, supportive, fun and growing organisation
- New to industry & experienced candidates encouraged to apply!
Opportunities available throughout the Adelaide Metro area, Barossa, and also Adelaide Hills!
About the Opportunity
If you are an active and optimistic individual who is passionate about helping our participants enjoy a fulfilling life – we want to hear from you!
As a Support Worker with Lutheran Disability Services you would be a great working environment for you to provide fantastic support, leading them to a more independent and fulfilled life. LDS values faith, empowerment, excellence and also love to have fun!
Supporting people on an individual basis may require:
- Assisting individuals with identifying and achieving their personal goals
- Accompanying people to health care appointments
- Personal care including toileting, showering/ bathing, dressing and other personal hygiene tasks
- Teaching and modelling appropriate social skills
- Housekeeping, recreation, and leisure
- Assist with personal relationships, community engagement and developing social networks
- Behaviour support
Flexible shifts are regularly available across a 24/7 roster including nights and weekends. You can complete your availability when you submit your application.
We are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic about supporting people with disabilities to live GREAT lives. The lives they want and choose.
You will have a commitment to the rights of people with disabilities, an understanding of person-centred thinking and be able to demonstrate how you put that into practice in your work.
You must have the ability to work independently (without other support workers attending the same shift) and be confident in providing services/support to clients in their homes and be willing to transport clients in your own vehicle.
- NDIS Worker Check, and/or DHS clearances for working with people with disabilities
- Current Provide First Aid and Provide CPR training certificates
- NDIS Worker Orientation Certificate (this can be completed)
- South Australian drivers’ licence, and a reliable vehicle that you can use for work purposes.
It would be great if you had:
- A recognised qualification in Support Work or Disability Support
- Experience caring for people with disabilities that live independently
- DHS Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Manual Handling training
- Assist with Medications training
About Lutheran Disability Support Services
Lutheran Disability Services supports people with disability and their families with accommodation support (including independent living) and community participation.
They support people to connect to their community, learn new skills, increase independence and access accommodation support across metro Adelaide and in the Barossa and Hills.
Their support staff are passionate about supporting people to identify and achieve their goals, connect to their faith and build new friendships through positive engagement in a client-centred way.
Employment opportunities with Lutheran Disability Services are available now and on an ongoing basis. We are always looking for great Support Workers to join LDS!
Once you apply, your application will be considered for current and also future positions.
If you have any queries please email humans(a)humanologyrecruit.com.au in the first instance, or call 1300 2 HUMAN.
Click the 'Apply Now’ button, upload your resume and complete all steps including the 'Expr3ss Checklist'.
Please Note: You will receive updates regarding your application via email. Please ensure that you check your email for updates.