Lutheran Care is seeking applications to fill multiple Board vacancies. As a faith based, community services organisation, they are seeking potential Board members who:
- Are aligned with the mission, purpose and values of the organisation and the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA)
- Have sufficient understanding of financial reports and governance to operate effectively as a Non-Executive Director
- Can commit to attending one board meeting a month including having availability to read Board papers prior to the meeting
- Willing and able to participate as a sub-committee member if and as required
Ideally, the Board are looking for people who bring experience or knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of the community services sector
- Experience with Government relations
- Sound commercial acumen with experience in business management
- Previous Board experience
- AICD or similar governance training
Applications from LCA congregational members are highly desirable.
These are voluntary, non-remunerated positions.
About Lutheran Care
Lutheran Care provides community services on behalf of the LCA in South Australia and Northern Territory, responding to the needs of individuals and families, community development, learning opportunities, accommodation and support. Current programs include emergency relief, financial counselling, family support and education, foster care, housing and family shelter, and refugee services.
Much of their work aims to address disadvantage with the belief that everybody has the right to access the opportunities, support and services they need to lead a safe and fulfilling life. Beyond working to have a lasting, positive impact on people’s lives Lutheran Care is determined to build hope, understanding and drive long term systematic change. A warm, open organisation that welcomes and embraces people of all cultures, sexual orientations, gender identities, belief systems and circumstances, Lutheran Care’s values are social justice, compassion, inclusion and commitment.
Lutheran Care is committed to reconciliation and improving outcomes and opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Lutheran Care supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across many programmes in SA & NT, with a strong Central Australia focus.
Further information on Lutheran Care's programs and services can be found at:
Enquiries can be made, in the first instance via email at [email protected]
To apply, please click on the Apply button, upload a Board CV and answer the questions that follow.
We will continue to advertise these vacancies until they are all appointed. You will be advised of the status of your application as it progresses.